- You cannot add "Kimchi and Pickles Workshop" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
Sauerkraut and Fermented Veggies Workshop @ Food Envy
Join us on the 27th March @ Food Envy for another one of our hands on Sauerkraut and Fermented veggies workshop. You will learn all about fermentation, how to make your own kraut and a few other fermented goodies. For more details, please read the description thoroughly.
Sauerkraut & Fermented Veggies workshop 11am – 1pm Food Envy
In this hands on workshop, you will learn all about the principles of fermentation and why eating these wonder foods is so important to be in good mental and physical health. We will also talk about wild fermentation vs culturing and dry salt fermentation vs fermenting with brine.
What you will learn in the class:
- I’ll be talking about the magic of fermentation, why microbes are so awesome and how fermentation can help us improve our gut and overall health.
- You will learn to make your own Sauerkraut with an array of ingredients provided.
- We will be fermenting a couple of different vegetables using 2 different brine percentages.
- I’ll also be demonstrating how to make a super quick and delicious cultured nut spread that’s been really popular in all our past workshops.
Materials for this class will be supplied, all you need to bring is a 1L clip top jar for your kraut, 2 screw top jars and a grater.
Homemade lacto-fermented snacks and drinks will also be served at the end of the class. You’ll be able to take home your kraut, fermented veggies, another one of my crafty handouts and a whole lot of useful tips and information!