Kimchi and Pickles Workshop
Join us for our brand new Kimchi and Pickles workshop at our super cool new location, Food Envy. Learn about the principles of fermentation and the importance of microbes. Discover what different types of kimchi are out there, the difference between pickling and fermenting and how to make all these delicious nutritious foods!For more details, please read the description throughly.
– Please note this workshop is for people who are new to fermentation or have basic knowledge and want to get more confident at it –
7 in stock
Kimchi and Pickles Workshop 11am – 1.30pm @ Food Envy
In this hands on workshop, you will learn about the principles of fermentation, the health benefits of consuming fermented foods and why microbes are such an integral and important part of our life. And of course, just like in any of our previous workshops, we will be getting our hands dirty and making 2 different types of Kimchi and 2 different types of pickles, plus tasting some yummy samples I’ll be making for the class.
What we will cover in the class:
– You will be doing the brining of the Kimchi at home following a step by step guide that will be emailed to you a few days before the class.
– We will be doing the seasoning of the Kimchi all together in the class. The plan is to make Napa Kimchi and Daikon Kimchi, but it all depends on produce availability.
– We will also be making 2 different types of pickles with whatever is available at the markets that week, so you will find out on the day!
– We will sample different types of Kimchi and Pickles that I will make before the class.
You will be able to take home:
– A batch of Napa Kimchi ready for fermenting at home.
– A couple of batches of yummy pickles ready for maturing at home.
– Another one of my crafty handouts with lots of very useful information, recipes, troubleshooting info and more.
– Hopefully a lot of ideas and inspiration to start your own fermentation journey!
– All materials for this kimchi and pickles workshop will be supplied. All you have to bring is a 2L jar for your kimchi and a grater –